Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Scan Photos to Digital

The following - no - I didn't take a camera into a concert. There were a lot of ppl going nuts because they thought I took a camera into a VH concert in Detroit and got away with it. On my last blog - I was just making a point, that's it. The following was the article posted somewhere else:

I sneaked a "throw away" camera into a Van Halen concert about two years ago. David Lee Roth had just rejoined the band and was back as the front man. The guitar god Eddie Van Halen and his brother Alex who played drums were obviously still in the band, but Michael Anthony was replaced by Eddie's seventeen year old son, Wolfgang, otherwise known as "Wolfie". It was great to see the band back together again, even if Anthony was kicked out of the band by Eddie (which I personally didn't like - so you really couldn't call it a reunion tour), but nevertheless, Roth was back with VH. Fans all around the country were going nuts.

So here I was, me and my wife (who was not a heavy metal fan - but went along for the ride (and was a good sport about it all)), stuffed the camera in her purse. We went through the checkpoints and we got through ok. When the concert started, we were seated about five rows from the stage and we started taking pictures of the band in action. Other people had cameras out as well (looked like they didn't get caught as well) and started taking pictures along with people that had their cell phones that were video taping the concert.

The whole show was great. We got home about 3:00 in the morning since the concert was in Detroit and we lived in Columbus. A few days later, I went to Wal-mart and got the pictures developed...they were great. However, I wanted to post the pictures onto my website for all to see. So I sent them to a company that SCAN PHOTOS to DIGITAL. A week or two later, I received the DVD where they scanned the pictures to and sat down with my wife and looked at them on my computer. I then put them on my website. It was great - my wife also liked the pictures. She said that the pictures were ten times better than their music! I kind of expected this to a person that wasn't raised on Rock 'n Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment